Kris Kristofferson once said,” If if sounds country, man, that’s what it is. It’s a country song.” Engine 145 (the name alludes to the I-IV-V chord progression found in countless classic country, folk, blues, and rock songs) provides news and reviews about country and roots music: whether it’s traditional, mainstream, bluegrass, Americana, or Red Dirt, you’ll find it covered here, along with the occasional foray into blues and roots rock.
Juli Thanki | Editor
juli [at] engine 145.com | Twitter
Karlie Justus | Contributing Writer
Blake Boldt | Contributing Writer
Sam Gazdziak | Contributing Writer
Barry Mazor | Senior Columnist
- luckyoldsun: Someone should do a feature on the current "next generation" sons-of-superstar country artists--Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Bobby Bare Jr., Dean …
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …