Kris Kristofferson once said,” If if sounds country, man, that’s what it is. It’s a country song.” Engine 145 (the name alludes to the I-IV-V chord progression found in countless classic country, folk, blues, and rock songs) provides news and reviews about country and roots music: whether it’s traditional, mainstream, bluegrass, Americana, or Red Dirt, you’ll find it covered here, along with the occasional foray into blues and roots rock.
Juli Thanki | Editor
juli [at] engine 145.com | Twitter
Karlie Justus | Contributing Writer
Blake Boldt | Contributing Writer
Sam Gazdziak | Contributing Writer
Barry Mazor | Senior Columnist
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …