Kris Kristofferson once said,” If if sounds country, man, that’s what it is. It’s a country song.” Engine 145 (the name alludes to the I-IV-V chord progression found in countless classic country, folk, blues, and rock songs) provides news and reviews about country and roots music: whether it’s traditional, mainstream, bluegrass, Americana, or Red Dirt, you’ll find it covered here, along with the occasional foray into blues and roots rock.
Juli Thanki | Editor
juli [at] engine 145.com | Twitter
Karlie Justus | Contributing Writer
Blake Boldt | Contributing Writer
Sam Gazdziak | Contributing Writer
Barry Mazor | Senior Columnist
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider