Kris Kristofferson once said,” If if sounds country, man, that’s what it is. It’s a country song.” Engine 145 (the name alludes to the I-IV-V chord progression found in countless classic country, folk, blues, and rock songs) provides news and reviews about country and roots music: whether it’s traditional, mainstream, bluegrass, Americana, or Red Dirt, you’ll find it covered here, along with the occasional foray into blues and roots rock.
Juli Thanki | Editor
juli [at] engine 145.com | Twitter
Karlie Justus | Contributing Writer
Blake Boldt | Contributing Writer
Sam Gazdziak | Contributing Writer
Barry Mazor | Senior Columnist
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …