A Hug From Taylor Swift; Lady Antebellum Goes Double Platinum; Wynonna Partners with Cracker Barrel
- Two Auburn University students, Ryan Leander and Michael Wekall, created a website in January for the sole purpose of soliciting a hug from Taylor Swift, which they collected on Monday when Swift surprised them with a free mini-concert.
New releases for the week of April 27, 2010 include:
Various Artists – Gloryland 2: Bluegrass Gospel Classics
- Farce the Music parodied the covers to four of today’s new releases.
- Rodney Hayden will stream a new song from his album Tavern of Poets everyday between now and next Tuesday, when the album will be available for purchase. Today’s song is “Take Me Back Wife.”
- GAC’s Tom Roland on the new Sugarland album, The Incredible Machine:
There’s only one ballad scheduled for the project, dominated by uptempo songs that Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles tried to fill with very human qualities. They’re not turning their backs on country music, but they believe the Machine will connect with a lot of pop fans as they try to find new ways to play with Jennifer’s voice.
- Chris Young shared advice Kenny Chesney gave him after earning his first No. 1: “He said, ‘If you could put two [hits] together, and then start garnering some more, you can make a career really easy that way.'”
- Lady Antebellum‘s sophomore album, Need You Now, has been certified double platinum.
- My Kind of Country’s Occasional Hope recommends the Jamie Richards album Sideways.
- Wynonna Judd partnered with Cracker Barrel to release Love Heals (May 24), a collection of her top singles and three previously unavailable tracks.
- As skilled and enjoyable as Steve Martin is, Austin Music Source’s Patrick Caldwell says it was his band, the Steep Canyon Rangers, that put his show over the top at the Long Center in Austin. Caldwell also lists a few of Martin’s zingers:
“I’m doing two of my favorite things tonight: comedy and charging people for music.”
- Music Fog: Annie & the Beekeepers – “Like a Dog”
- Paige: Oh damn. :( I never commented here and I haven't been listening to any music at all since Thanksgiving (it …
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …