Songs from My Mother’s Hand, the new album from 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductee Mac Wiseman, was 80 years in the making. It’s worth the wait.
From its beginnings, country music has demanded give-and-take self-negotiations about what to hold onto, what to let go, how to find a balance between them and how to present the result.
Dom Flemons discusses the music and film that inspired him while making new solo album Prospect Hill.
“Country music speaks to you in real words. It’s not about tractors and dirt roads and all those things Nashville made it to be or allowed it to become. It’s about real life, drinking, cheating, family, love, and a combination of all of those things…I just hope that in my country songs, I can keep that alive.”
Latest Blog Entries
- jenny patrick: my favorite part of autumn is the smell of a bonfire to roast weiners and marshmallows on .
- jeanie kinman: My favorite part of Autumn is all the festivals with bands playing Bluegrass music..Come on down to Ky Joe Mullins …
- Keith Saterwhite: My favorite part of Autumn are the beautiful colors on the trees, here in the foothills of the Blueridge Mountains.
- phillip Martinez: Thanks Joe, for always the great music.
- Martin DeSimio: Fresh apple cider.
- Jessica Whited: My favorite part of autumn is the chance to have bonfires with my friends and family.
- Sandy Kapphahn: Love the fall colors!
- Erik North: Caitlin Rose has become one of my favorite female singers of any genre in this century; and I think her …
- Sandy Chatfield: My favorite part of autumn.....football!
- Teresa McGraw: My favorite part of Autumn is pulling out the sweaters.