2008 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
The newest inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame for 2008 were announced today at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, The Statler Brothers, and Ernest “Pop” Stoneman will be inducted into the pantheon of country music’s great later this year.
Stoneman will be inducted into “Career Achieved National Prominence Prior To WWII” category, which is awarded every third year. Due to a tie, both Hall and The Statler Brothers are being inducted in the “WWII to 1975″ category, and Harris is the fourth artist to be inducted in the “Career Achieved National Prominence Between 1975 and the Present” since it’s inception in 2005. Congratulations to this year’s class of inductees.
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA
- Janice Brooks: Nice lineup I think I read today was the Emmett Till incident.
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …