2008 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
The newest inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame for 2008 were announced today at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, The Statler Brothers, and Ernest “Pop” Stoneman will be inducted into the pantheon of country music’s great later this year.
Stoneman will be inducted into “Career Achieved National Prominence Prior To WWII” category, which is awarded every third year. Due to a tie, both Hall and The Statler Brothers are being inducted in the “WWII to 1975″ category, and Harris is the fourth artist to be inducted in the “Career Achieved National Prominence Between 1975 and the Present” since it’s inception in 2005. Congratulations to this year’s class of inductees.
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.