Songs from My Mother’s Hand, the new album from 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame Inductee Mac Wiseman, was 80 years in the making. It’s worth the wait.
From its beginnings, country music has demanded give-and-take self-negotiations about what to hold onto, what to let go, how to find a balance between them and how to present the result.
Dom Flemons discusses the music and film that inspired him while making new solo album Prospect Hill.
“Country music speaks to you in real words. It’s not about tractors and dirt roads and all those things Nashville made it to be or allowed it to become. It’s about real life, drinking, cheating, family, love, and a combination of all of those things…I just hope that in my country songs, I can keep that alive.”
Latest Blog Entries
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.